Nancy Reagan died on March 6, 2016 at the age of 94. A previous issue of Newsweek portrayed how the former First Lady feature coped with President Ronald Reagan’s diagnosis with Alzheimer’s disease and eventual death. This story originally appeared in the June 21, 2004 issue of Newsweek—two weeks after the 40th president’s death. The news did not surprise her. A decade ago, Nancy Reagan took her beloved Ronnie to the Mayo Clinic. The former president, her soulmate of more than 40 years, had been forgetting things, repeating himself, trying but failing to do the simplest things. When the doctors returned with their devastating verdict—Alzheimer’s, then a relatively new term—Nancy was already braced for the worst. “By the time you go in to get checked out,” a source close to the Reagan family told Newsweek, “something has given you the idea that there is something very wrong.” Discovering what the enemy was, though, did not make the toll the disease would take any easier to bear. In 1994, “nobody knew what to expect,” the family insider recalled. “We didn’t know what questions to ask, what to talk about, what the future would be like.” Mrs. Reagan did know one thing:… Read full this story
- Reagan's honesty remains an example for presidents
- How Ronald Reagan Is Beating Barack Obama in the Race To Name Things After Former Presidents
- ‘Make My Day’: J. Hoberman on Reagan, Rambo and ’80s Movies
- Celebrating Ronald Reagan On What Would Have Been His 108th Birthday
- Peggy Grande: Ronald Reagan was born exactly 109 years ago – How did his mother influence his future?
- Hillary Clinton Spent Most of Her Weekend Alienating Progressive Voters
- What to know about the 2019 State of the Union address
- Takeaways from State of the Union: Economy, not impeachment
- How Jimmy Carter’s Election Previewed Trump’s
- Federal appeals court in SF rejects Trump’s attempt to reinstate asylum ban
- The State of the Union as Spectacle
- We thought the Nazi threat was dead. But Donald Trump has revived it
How Nancy Reagan coped with Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's Disease have 327 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 7, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.