ISRAEL is leading the global vaccination race after launching a 24/7 distribution scheme with military aid and squeezing extra doses from each vial. Nearly 15 per cent of the country’s 9.3 million population have been vaccinated in just two weeks. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Almost 1.4 million Israelis have received the first dose of the BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine, after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spearheaded the rollout so the country could be one of the first to “emerge” from the pandemic. Nearly 146,000 people were administered the jab on Monday alone – a figure higher than Western countries such as Italy, Spain and Canada have distributed in total. The country had secured several million doses of the two-stage BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine, as well as having deals in place with Moderna and AstraZeneca even before the jabs were approved.Health Ministry Director General Hezi Levy has pledged to have two million residents vaccinated by the end of January. Health Minister Yuli Edelstein explained Israel had been an “early bird” when arranging vaccine supplies, telling the New York Times: “We are leading the world race thanks to our early preparations.” In a bid to streamline the vaccine distribution, the… Read full this story
- Denialism: what drives people to reject the truth
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Biden camp faces new challenges
- Andrew Wakefield: autism inc
- The Melbourne Cup hit by protests after horse deaths
- Spy assassinations: The top 5 deadly poisons
- Skripal poisoning: UK set to request extradition of Russian attack suspects
- My Injury File: How I Shot, Smoked, And Screwed My Way Through The NFL
- 'It was the worst day of my life': Wife of footy legend whose son almost died of meningococcal slams 'irresponsible' WAGs for spreading 'anti-vaxxer propaganda'
- What is 5G? Here’s everything you need to know
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Better Medicare Alliance - Trump's impeachment plea to Republicans
- The Hill's Campaign Report: DNC toughens December debate criteria
- The best PS4 games, from The Surge 2 to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
How Israel won the vaccine rollout race by squeezing an extra dose out of every vial to jab one in six people have 322 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 6, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.