POLITICS 08/01/2018 02:16 pm ET Playing it safe just isn’t safe anymore. By Zach Carter It seems quaint today, but back in November 2014, Democrats in Washington were genuinely alarmed about their party’s electoral situation. They’d been stomped in the midterm elections, lost control of the Senate, and Republicans had secured their largest House majority since 1931. In response, the Center for American Progress ― an organ of the Clinton dynasty that, at the time, carried tremendous influence within the party ― convened a meeting of the best and brightest Democratic leaders from around the country, hoping to shine a light on big, new ideas that could help Democrats avert a political calamity. The event was packed with rising stars: Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and California Attorney General Kamala Harris. And it was a debacle. Granted an audience of Washington power-brokers amid an acknowledged political crisis, the bold, exciting leaders of tomorrow just smiled and shrugged. Hickenlooper suggested that Democrats stop running negative ads in political campaigns. These, he said, were “depressing the product category of democracy” in the political marketplace. Booker praised the innovative Republican mayors and governors who recognized the… Read full this story
- Sridhar Srinivasan: A life dedicated to the working class struggle
- Love Island 2021 LIVE – Jack, Dale and Sam enter Casa Amor villa as Liam gets a lap dance AND a three way kiss
- Love Island star Zara Holland admits she struggles to watch show after pal Sophie Gradon’s death
- Love Island 2021 news – Casa Amor postcards leave fans open-mouthed as twist FAILS to expose Liam but Teddy’s in trouble
- Love Island LIVE: Casa Amor set for epic return as relationship-busting villa revealed
- What’s Wrong With the Democrats?
- Distance learning in the Philippines: A year of hits and misses
- “The Pursuit of Love” Is a Scathing Satire of the British Upper Classes
- Outbreaks Drive U.N.C. Chapel Hill Online After a Week of Classes
- Mum-to-be questions dream baby name as she's worried it 'won't work' in the UK
- U.S. Olympians and Paralympians Will Teach Life Skills in New Class Series
- I, a Scaredy Cat, Watched 5 Iconic Scary Movies for the First Time: Here's What I Learned (and Want You to Know, Too)
How Democrats Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Class Struggle have 367 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.