Recognizing the need to check for bias in algorithms Kathy Klotz-Guest, speaker, author, and business comedian, tells Tonya Hall about the importance of ensuring and checking for bias in algorithms. College Board, the organization behind the SAT and related tests and products, is piloting an Environmental Context Dashboard that aims to surface students who have overcome socioeconomic challenges raises interesting questions about algorithm transparency versus explainability. Featured Microsoft shares nightmare tale: 6 sets of hackers on a customer’s network You can win a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip* Your work from home hardware dilemma: Desktop or laptop with docking station? How to track the coronavirus: Dashboard delivers real-time view of the deadly virus According to College Board, this dashboard is designed to shine a light on “students who have demonstrated resourcefulness to overcome challenges and achieve more with less.” Students, however, won’t see ECD contents, but College Board noted that it is “looking into how we might make it available to them.” The Wall Street Journal has dubbed College Board’s index as an “adversity score” and not surprising press coverage was mixed. In a statement, the College Board chafes at the term adversity score and prefers Environmental Context Dashboard. For our… Read full this story
- Should the SAT and ACT be optional? Bribery scandal fuels debate on college exams
- College bribery scandal renews debate over SAT
- Should the SAT and ACT be optional? College bribery scandal renews debate
- Should the SAT be optional for college applicants? Bribery scandal renews debate
- Housing vs. oil wells: In Orange County, it’s increasingly leading to tension
- How a solar bill became one of the most polarizing issues at the Iowa Capitol
- Should the SAT be optional? Bribery scandal renews debateYou may also be interested in...
- Bribery scandal renews debate: Should the SAT be optional?
- Scandal renews debate over standardized testing
- New York City’s Top 10 Lobbyists
- MEDIA: Why news with a ‘political point of view’ could flood your Colorado feed
- Industry Briefs 2-18-19
How College Board's Environmental Context Dashboard highlights algorithm transparency vs. explainability issue have 323 words, post on www.zdnet.com at June 9, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.