by Press Association May 24 2018, 5.19pm Updated: May 24 2018, 5.21pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter Want to read more?Subscribe today from £1 a week Lewis Hamilton’s failure to put pen-to-paper on a new Mercedes contract is due to the “grotesque” amount of money involved, rival team boss Christian Horner has claimed. The Briton, 33, is yet to sign on the dotted line of a new deal estimated to be worth up to £40million-a-year which is proving an unwelcome distraction for Mercedes. Hamilton and Mercedes claimed at their Silverstone car launch back in February that his contract extension was likely to be rubber-stamped before the season-opening race in Melbourne. But more than three months later, they appear no closer to striking an announcement – with the driver stating this week that he is not in a rush to get the deal over the line. Mercedes boss Toto Wolff emphasised again in Monaco that he is entirely confident Hamilton will extend his stay beyond the end of this season. “We haven’t set a fixed date where we want to announce, but I can tell you that I don’t see a reason why this shouldn’t be happening,” Wolff said on Thursday…. Read full this story
- Mavericks star Luka Doncic signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand: Three things to know
- Liverpool ace Andy Robertson set to double his money in new deal
- With new deal, Taylor Lewan is Boss Hogg of Titans’ O-line
- Jose Mourinho Confident David de Gea Will Sign New Contract
- France will block Brexit delay without 'new choice' by UK
- Monday's best deals: 4K smart TVs, Google Nest Hub bundles, and more
- From clearing away furniture to coloured lightbulbs, get your pad ready for New Year’s Eve celebrations with our tips
- Gaze into Mr Money’s crystal ball to see what your finances could look like in 2020
- Estate agent launches 0% commission deal meaning it's selling homes 'for free'
- Retail wrap: Katy retail center signs entertainment and dining tenants
- Eight small energy firms have gone bust in 2019 – are they safe to sign up to?
- 'The Witcher 3' Game Dev CD Projekt Red Signs Deal with Andrzej Sapkowski for More
Horner thinks money is behind Hamilton’s delay in signing new deal have 351 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at May 24, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.