Less than two years ago, Mackay was named as having “Australia’s best-tasting tap water”, but that honour has gone down the drain in recent weeks. Key points: Mackay residents say tap water is coming out of the faucet brown and dirty The Mackay Regional Council says heavy rainfall is to blame and the water is safe to drink The city previously held the title of “Australia’s best tap water” Bucasia resident Jade Hayward used to take the high quality of the city’s water for granted. Afterall, Mackay’s tap water was named Australia’s best by the Water Industry Operators Association of Australia (WIOA) in 2019. But last week, she became alarmed when she was running a bath for her children and noticed how discoloured the water was. “I went in to check on the bath, the water was half full and it was … a rusty dirt brown,” she said. “You could still see the bottom of the bath, but it was still dirty to look at. Ms Hayward assumed the issue was caused by rusty pipes, but after her partner checked them throughout their property, they realised the issue was external as all their pipes were plastic. Multiple reports of… Read full this story
- Briefing notes show Coalition approved Adani water plan despite knowing of risk
- Water guzzlers face more fines, public shaming under new state law
- The winners of the 2018 Menulog Restaurant Awards revealed - including the $8.50 burger named best 'cheap eat' and the ultimate takeaway dessert
- 20 best egg recipes: part 2
- What it’s like to work in some of Australia’s most haunted places
- What Is Lurking in Your Dog's Water Bowl?
- 20 best egg recipes: part 1
- Verizon's 5G network launch was rocky at best, but it has a plan
- Helping players find best answers, the Paddy Upton way
- Menindee fish kill leaves devastated town wondering if its future is gone too
- A silent cleanliness drive in Telangana district that sets example
- Adani's mine has the green light but questions remain about its viability
Honour down the drain: Tap water named Australia's best now brown and dirty have 331 words, post on www.abc.net.au at January 11, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.