The busiest hurricane season on record in the Atlantic Ocean is now over — maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed — after producing a whopping 30 named storms.“It’s really unbelievable how busy it has been,” Suzana Camargo, a hurricane researcher at Columbia University, told BuzzFeed News.This hurricane season blew through predictions from federal scientists, who were expecting a busy year for storms, setting a string of new records along the way. It was the Atlantic’s most active hurricane season in the satellite era, producing 30 named storms and 13 hurricanes. An average season has 12 named storms and 6 hurricanes.There were so many storms that, for only the second time ever, meteorologists used up the original list of 21 names and then had to name subsequent storms using letters of the Greek alphabet. Storm paths are animated over the entire period of tracking by the National Hurricane Center and vary in opacity according to maximum sustained winds, reaching full opacity at hurricane strength. Names appear when the storm reached tropical storm strength and the storm was officially named. Dates are in US Eastern time. Peter Aldhous / BuzzFeed News / Via NOAA This was also the first year that 12 named storms… Read full this story
- Beckham visits storm-hit Philippines city of Tacloban
- Beckham visits storm-hit Philippines
- Patriots to be on way to Super Bowl before storm hits
- Hurricane Michael rips apart Florida towns, 7 dead
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause postponements of NFL, college games
- Power Play: Hurricanes edge Bruins in shootout for second straight win
- Are the Hurricanes strong enough to make the playoffs?
- ACC schedule takes hit because of approaching snowstorm
- Michigan, Maryland could feel effects of storm this weekend
- The Latest: Storm causes damage around Whistling Straits
- Storm avoids 0-4 start, down Mystics 73-65
- Mercury top Storm, set WNBA record with 29 regular-season wins
Here Are All 30 — Yes, 30 — Hurricanes And Tropical Storms That Hit The Atlantic In 2020 have 288 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.