Update 11/6/19 2 p.m.: ShopRite says they are offering refunds of deli meats sold at the location. SOMERVILLE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — There is a hepatitis A warning in New Jersey after a store worker at a supermarket tested positive for the virus. Now furious customers are being asked to trash some of the groceries they recently purchased our of concern they may have been contaminated, CBS2’s Charlie Cooper reported Tuesday. Cooper spoke with some people who say they want them to compensate them in return. Hepatitis A is spread when an infected person doesn’t wash their hands properly after using the bathroom and then touches food that’s eaten by someone else. Health officials said that’s exactly what happened at a ShopRite in Somerville, when a deli worker came into work for two weeks with the disease. “I buy lunch meat here all the time. I know I’m in that group who bought it and ate it,” said customer Paul Cichello. That same group of people are now being told to trash all store items bought between Oct. 13 through the 30th. It’s when the Health Department says the disease was most likely spread. “I bought deli meat. I bought from… Read full this story
- Biden tells Trump to sign the COVID bill NOW with $600 checks for Americans so 'millions can make ends meet' and avoid 'devastating consequences' after President demanded $2,000 direct payments
- What happens after Brexit? How things change if we get a deal - and if we don't
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 14
- Toy stores urge government to 'save Christmas' and ease chaos at UK ports as they reveal thousands of gifts including dolls, Lego and puzzles won't arrive by December 25 and say delays have cost them millions
- Heathrow chaos as hundreds try to cram onto last plane to Dublin after more than a dozen countries ban ALL flights from Britain, Eurotunnel closes and French BLOCK UK lorries for 48 hours after discovery of '70% more infectious' mutant Covid strain
- Lorry drivers WILL be able to travel to France from tomorrow morning if they provide a negative Covid result - as UK 'prepares to test up to 6,000 hauliers a day using controversial Operation Moonshot rapid test'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 15
- Trump feels no pressure to be President while Americans suffer at Christmas
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- 'I don't know anyone who's had Covid so it doesn't really matter': Bournemouth beachgoer speaks for thousands who are ignoring rules and flocking to sand - despite Boris Johnson's pleas for 'invincible' young people to stay away
- Get ready for blast off Britain: Boris's Brexit deal is set to help boost the economy by 6.1% next year and add to post-Covid boom - as PM promises tougher border controls and urges all MPs to back him in 30 December crunch vote
Hepatitis A Scare At N.J. ShopRite Prompts Directive To Customers To Trash Food, Get Vaccinated have 469 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.