Sunday September 8, 2019 10:14 AM The chairman of India’s space agency says the lander module from the country’s moon mission has been located on the lunar surface after it lost contact with the space station and efforts are continuing to try to establish contact with it Written by The Associated Press NEW DELHI (AP) — The chairman of India’s space agency says the lander module from the country’s moon mission has been located on the lunar surface after it lost contact with the space station and efforts are continuing to try to establish contact with it. The Press Trust of India news agency cited Indian Space and Research Organization chairman K. Sivan as saying Sunday that cameras from the moon mission’s orbiter had located the lander. ISRO officials could not be reached for comment. India’s space agency said it lost touch with its Vikram lunar lander on Saturday as it made its final approach to the moon’s south pole to deploy a rover to search for signs of water. Share this article
- ISRO Loses Contact With Vikram Lander During Final Descent to Lunar Surface
- Boys and coach in stable health after 10 days lost in Thai cave
- Chandrayaan-2: Was India's Moon mission actually a success?
- India Says It Has Located Chandrayaan-2 Lander on Moon’s Surface
- Chandrayaan-2: India Moon probe made 'hard landing', says Nasa
- NASA says missing moon lander could be hidden by shadow
- NASA releases images of Indian craft’s ‘hard landing’ on the moon
- Search for Vikram Lander: NASA Analysing Images Taken by Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter
- Chandrayaan-2: Obstacles on Lunar Surface May Have Been Stopping Lander From Receiving Signals, Chandrayaan-1 Director Says
- NASA lunar probe will help search for India's lost moon lander
- Chandrayaan-2: NASA Says Vikram Lander Had a Hard Landing, Releases Images of Landing Site
- Apollo 11 Turns 50: How Did NASA Put Men on the Moon? One Harrowing Step at a Time
%headline(India locates lander lost on final approach to moon have 309 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at September 8, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.