The application of high technology in orchid plantation has offered farmers higher profits (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – The average production value per hectare of agricultural land in Ho Chi Minh City has increased year after year even as the area shrank, according to the municipal Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Last year the value increased by 10.9 percent to 450 million VND (19,806 USD) per hectare, among the highest in the country. This was a result of shifting the farming structure towards an urban-oriented model and increasing the use of sophisticated technologies. Thus, in some places, unproductive rice and sugarcane growing areas became farms growing bonsai, flowers and vegetables, bringing farmers higher profits. More than 389ha of lands were converted last year, up 385.5 percent, and farmers grow vegetables and fruits in them. Vegetables bring revenues of 1-1.4 billion VND per hectare annually; orchids, around 2 billion VND; dairy cows (at a scale of 20 head per household), 800 million VND; shrimp, 2.7-3 billion VND per hectare; and ornamental fish, 10-12 billion VND per hectare. These farmers earn 30-40 percent profits. According to the department, vegetables were grown on a total of 17,270ha, 12.4 percent up from… Read full this story
- HCM City strengthens preventive measures against African swine fever
- Tay Ninh promotes safe agricultural products, foodstuff in HCM City
- HCM City ensures supply of special food for Tết
- HCM City plans to pilot merit pay for workers
- HCM City targets 7.6 per cent industrial growth in 2020
- HCM City plans new industrial zone in Binh Chanh District
- HCM City solicits foreign-invested firms’ support to develop economy
- HCM City needs to fill 320,000 job vacancies next year
- HCM City to invest in public transport in new residential areas
- First foreign visitors of 2020 arrive in HCM City
- First int'l visitors of 2020 arrive in HCM City
- HCM City to welcome the New Year with "Lights 2020"
HCM City’s farm production shoots up have 295 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 19, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.