The HCM City People’s Committee has urged relevant agencies to speed up implementation of the first bus rapid transit route (BRT No 1), which will connect with Metro Line No 1. A model of a station on HCM City's first bus rapid transit route (Photo courtesy of UCCI) The BRT No 1 route will help users access the metro line when it opens, and will expand the use of public transport by city residents. The BRT No 1 project was approved by the Prime Minister in 2013, with initial costs of nearly 156 million USD. The cost was reduced to 143 million USD, with funding from Official Development Assistance (ODA) from the World Bank and the city's State budget. Construction began in 2014 and was initially expected to be completed in 2019, but the completion date has been extended to 2023. The 29-km BRT No 1 will run along Vo Van Kiet – Mai Chi Tho Highway, across the Sai Gon River and connect with Hanoi Highway. It will pass through districts Binh Chanh, Binh Tan, 6, 5, 1 and 2, starting from the An Lac Roundabout and ending at Cat Lai Intersection. There will be about 30 buses using… Read full this story
- The Transit System in Toronto- The TTC
- Ideas For Dealing With The Problem Of Traffic Congestion In New York City
- City Planning in Rural Areas - Is Your City Ready?
- A New Era in School Bus Safety
- Getting to Mexico City
- Safety Is High Priority in Selecting a Tour Bus Company
- Executive Busses and High Speed Trains
- NY Bus & Truck Accidents - Crushed in Chinatown
- Neighborhoods of San Francisco City, California
- Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City!
- Working With A Relocation Company - You Have Choices In The Realtor You Work With!
- "What If" - Making the Transition to Self-Employment
HCM City speeds up work on first bus rapid transit route have 285 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.