India captain Harmanpreet Kaur is excited about playing in the UAE for the first time and is looking forward to come out of the long break and headline the Women’s T20 Challenge, to be held during the IPL in November. The women’s exhibition games were confirmed by the BCCI president Sourav Ganguly last week. The Indian team has not played since T20 World Cup final in March. The event will have three teams with four matches expected to be played between November 1-10. “Yes definitely (I’m excited for the Women’s Challenge), because this is our first tour to Dubai and we haven’t played there before,” Harmanpreet said during a webinar on Wednesday.Harmanpreet was named as the global brand ambassador of WTF Sports, which launched an app in India. The T20 skipper is not perturbed by the conditions in the UAE. The event is also clashing with the Women’s Big Bash in Australia and it remains to be seen how many star foreign players turn up in the UAE.“I had questions like how the wickets would be. We need to play to our strengths because if you don’t play to your strengths, then your natural game doesn’t come out,” added Kaur,… Read full this story
- Cricket returns to Eden Gardens with Bengal T20 Challenge
- Indian women to take on South Africa in 1st T20I
- Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy: Vivek Singh slams 64-ball 100 as Bengal beat Jharkhand for second straight win
- 'A BIG SALUTE to our cricketing soldiers'
- White Fern Leigh Kasperek back in the groove after long wait to return to New Zealand
- NZ tour really important in context of international women's cricket - Knight
- Yet to decide on Ranji trophy, BCCI gives go ahead for women’s domestic season
- Need to be alert in our defence against Argentina: Indian Women's Hockey defender Gurjit Kaur
- BCCI remains undecided on Ranji or Hazare Trophy, women's domestic season expected from March
- Still a Test romantic, Rabada returns to end dry spell in whites
- Bihar CA warring factions select separate squads for Mushtaq Ali T20
- Nicholas Pooran interview: ‘T10 is very exciting’
Harmanpreet Kaur excited about returning to cricket with Women’s T20 Challenge have 349 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.