Gymnastics can be about competition, but it doesn’t have to be. The American public’s most common form of exposure to the sport of gymnastics is via televised championship meets or the Olympics, which may give the impression the sport is all about competition.The reality is that gymnastics is a great “gateway” sport, that is, it prepares any child for a higher level of participation in many activities because of the confidence developed and body awareness attained – both attributes of gymnastics training.There are also different levels of competition that don’t have to lead to Olympic competition or years of grueling training. By that, I mean that routines developed by USA Gymnastics can be used by AAU (Amateur Athletic Union), YMCA, school, and recreational programs without the emphasis on competition for competition’s sake but for learning how to perform, learning to enjoy the competitive experience, and learning how to express oneself through movement.Recovery from a fallAnother great benefit of gymnastics training is an increased awareness of the body in activity making recovery from falls or strategic changes in body position easier to accomplish.Many gymnastics skills have a takeoff phase, the skill performance, and a landing phase. The takeoff and the skill… Read full this story
- Baku to host FIG Artistic Gymnastics Individual Apparatus World Cup
- Gymnasts celebrate medal success at championships!
- Four gymnasts represented Guam in Orlando competition
- YMCA Barry gymnasts’ grading success
- Gymnasts hit new heights in Yorkshire competition
- Exmouth’s Marpool Primary School enjoys gymnastics success
- Medal winning weekend for gymnasts
- Success for local gymnasts
- Norfolk Academy of Gymnastics’ Annie Young takes gold at British Championships in Liverpool
- Gymnastics World Cup: Joe Fraser close to medal as Nikita Nagornyy takes gold
- Azerbaijani gymnasts successfully perform in France
- Azerbaijani gymnasts to compete at Baltic Hoop 2019
Gymnastics Is More Than Competition have 292 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 2, 2008. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.