See the article in its original context from May 29, 1970 Buy Reprints View on timesmachine TimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers. About the Archive This is a digitized version of an article from The Times's print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions. NASHVILLE — The Grand Old Opry discovered Amer ica about the time America discovered the Opry, and neither has been quite the same since. The Opry was once the natural home of the fiddle, the "breakdown" and the nasal twang. It now features so many percussion instru ments and nationally popu lar songs that old timers like Roy Acuff, the "king of coun try music," are beginning to feel almost out of place there. Some of the new perform ers do not even sing with a Southern accent, much less a country twang. And now, as if to add one more flutter of acceleration to the headlong Americani zation of the South,… Read full this story
- What It Was Like Towing a Free Jeep Grand Wagoneer With the 2020 Jeep Gladiator
- Shared Services Centers Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth To 2022 by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Fan Fair Is It fair or Not?
- Registered Nuts - A Night in the Life of an ER Nurse
- Tennessee Outdoor Fun
- Touring the "Mother Church" of Country Music: The Ryman Auditorium
- Top Ten Travel Nursing "Hot Spots"
- Celebrities - Elvis Presley, From Birth to "Heartbreak Hotel"
- Discover Themed Vacations - A Great Way to Spend Your Time Off
- Pigeon Forge - A Great Vacation Spot
- Credit Lessons for Retirees
- Guest Commentary: It’s time for Dan Reeves to take his place in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Grand Ole Opry Is Yielding to Change have 316 words, post on www.nytimes.com at May 29, 1970. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.