We, the creative community as represented by the signatories below, ask all those responsible for negotiating the post-2020 climate change framework to agree an ambitious and inspiring international agreement. The creative community – design, broadcasting, publishing, film, gaming, fashion, literature, music, the performing and visual arts, galleries and museums – can make a unique contribution to the global sustainability challenge. Collectively we shape not just our material world, but our conceptual world too, including the values that underpin our lives. The creative industries generate wealth and employment but we also innovate, we shape and express cultural values, influencing how people feel and the choices they make: as such we have huge potential to prompt, and reinforce, positive and sustainable change. We are deeply concerned that our global economic and industrial systems are accelerating rates of extinction, desertification and soil depletion, degrading ecosystems, acidifying and littering our rivers and oceans, and resulting in a relentless rise in greenhouse gas emissions driving irreversible climate change. In short, we are overwhelming the planet’s life-support systems. The outcomes of the COP21 climate change conference and the political decisions taken over the next months will determine many of the long-term conditions that will affect us… Read full this story
- Nancy Pelosi applauds Modi's commitment to tackle climate change
- Congress’ Bipartisan Coalition to Tackle Climate Change Just Collapsed
- Suriname, T&T lead calls for action on climate change
- Climate change activists hose 'fake blood' at UK Treasury from fire engine
- How to Demand Action on Climate Change
- Greta Thunberg in America: The Climate Activist vs. World Leaders
- Climate change: an unstoppable movement takes hold
- Federal report sounds alarm on growing impact of climate change
- Teen Climate Activist Reminds World Leaders They Won't Have to Live on the Planet They're Destroying
- The Monsters of Climate Change
- Can Jay Inslee make climate change more than a campaign talking point?
- America's Northernmost City Is Having Another Dramatic Climate Change Year
Global creative community calls on world leaders to tackle climate change have 311 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 27, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.