BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Newsletter Signup Sports By Abhinav Kini 05/05/18 AT 8:35 AM Gennady Golovkin believes there is a question mark over whether his highly-anticipated rematch with Canelo Alvarez will take place in September and is open to fighting another opponent instead.Golovkin is set to defend his World Boxing Association, World Boxing Council, International Boxing Federation, and International Boxing Organization middleweight titles against Vanes Martirosyan on Saturday at the Stubhub Center in Carson, California.The fight will take place on short notice after Canelo withdrew from the originally planned bout last month following a formal complaint filed against him by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after two failed drug tests for clenbuterol in February.The Mexican was also suspended for six months from the date of the failed drug tests but is expected to be ready to return to action Sept. 15 should the rematch with “GGG” take place that month.However, Golovkin is still unsure if it will happen and is prepared to face an alternative opponent, especially if Canelo refuses to do regular drug testing under the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.The first meeting between the duo in September last year ended in a controversial split-decision draw with many favoring Golovkin as the winner.”We made a lot of concessions. We made… Read full this story
- Jeremy Corbyn's wife Laura Alvarez breaks five-year silence to claim her husband could have been PRIME MINISTER if he had not been 'attacked by his own party' as the outgoing leader hints that he will cause trouble for his replacement
- Jeremy Corbyn's wife Laura Alvarez hits out at critics on his last day
- Anthony Joshua's opponent reveals why he was denied a fight with Britain's future world champion
- British Boxing Board suspends Billy Joe Saunders' license after insensitive social media post
- International Boxing Hall of Fame delays 2020 inductions; Hopkins, Mosley, Marquez to be inducted in 2021
- 'God came for his champion': Muhammad Ali tributes from around the world
- Coronavirus pandemic postpones Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev title bout set for June
- Where does Billy Joe Saunders come from, is he married, and does he have any children?
- Top Rank promoter Bob Arum: Dana White 'ought to be ashamed' for promoting UFC fights during pandemic
- Crystal ball: Projecting the upcoming NFL schedule
- Khabib Nurmagomedov, Frankie Edgar top our list of the 10 greatest lightweight fighters in MMA history
- Jeremy Corbyn Was 'Vilified' by Own Party, Says Wife of Labour Leader
Gennady Golovkin Open To Alternate Opponent If Canelo Alvarez Rematch Is Off have 392 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.