Could this be the year Mississippi has a white Christmas?The Weather Channel’s app predicts a 40 percent chance of “rain/snow showers” on Monday — Christmas Day — in the Jackson area, with a high of 43 and a low of 26. But it predicts northern areas such as Batesville and Oxford could have those “rain/snow showers” on Christmas Eve and switch to a “wintry mix” on Christmas Day.WAPT, Channel 16 is the only Jackson TV station also predicting a 40 percent chance of “rain/snow showers” on Christmas Day for the metro area.The National Weather Service’s website isn’t willing to be so bold. Its forecast for Christmas Eve is partly sunny, a 30 percent chance of showers and a high near 60. That’s as far as its forecast goes.But in the website’s “forecast discussion,” forecasters say a system will approach the Jackson area on Friday. The discussion reads: “Model solutions are still in disagreement temporarily with this system with the Euro quite slower than the (Global Forecast Model). Nonetheless, both models agree on a swing in temperatures as much cooler air enters the regions behind the front. This should lead to a weekend with temperatures more reflective of the season.“There is still too… Read full this story
- Weather expert predicts we’ll have just TWO WEEKS of sun this summer…and no white Christmas
- White Christmas on the cards for some parts of the UK but this week could be ‘colder than Iceland’
- White Christmas odds slashed to 2/1 as UK weather brings cold snap and gritters hit the roads
- Bookies slash odds on white Christmas as forecasters predict more snow storms are set to batter Britain this weekend
- Relive White Christmas magic with a stunning stay in Vermont
- White Christmas 2017 – what are the odds on snow falling in the UK this Christmas Day?
- White Christmas 2017 – what are the odds on snow falling in the UK on Christmas Day?
- White Christmas 2016 – what are the odds on snow falling in the UK this Christmas Day?
- The best Christmas songs and carols for your festive playlist – from White Christmas and Silent Night to Jingle Bells
- Bookies slash the odds on a white Christmas as Britain prepares for coldest winter in years
- First flakes of the winter season fall – but what are the odds of a White Christmas?
- Myleene Klass’ latest choice of swimwear shows she’s ready for a white Christmas as she suns herself in Dubai
Forecasts say a white Christmas is possible in Miss. have 413 words, post on www.clarionledger.com at December 18, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.