If and when a summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un takes place, it will be a day of hope, especially for the people of Northeast Asia, that a lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula, technically at war since a 1953 armistice halted the Korean War, is finally within sight.In the past several months, media coverage has mainly focused on denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and the complexity of the diplomatic negotiations.But for ordinary Koreans, the issues are more of an emotional nature involving families and relatives who have been separated. And for Korean residents of Japan, which doesn’t have diplomatic ties with the North, there is the question of whether some future relationship between Tokyo and Pyongyang — if the Trump-Kim summit succeeds — will make it easier for them to visit their loved ones.Herein, The Japan Times presents a few of the personal stories of Korean residents in Japan and their views on a rare inter-Korean summit last month and the still officially planned Trump-Kim summit slated for June 12 in Singapore.Chon Hi Sun Growing up in immediate postwar Kyoto, 76-year-old Chon Hi Sun still remembers the Korean-run school she attended briefly… Read full this story
- The Last Time I Saw Anshan - You're Always A Foreigner In China
- A New Eurasian Trade Zone, Essential Rail Links From China
- Mainstream Western Media Stages "Blemishing China Marathon"
- Challenges of Climate Change and Bio-Energy
- Humans Are Animals But Animals Are Not Human
- The Chinese Roots of New Thought - Confucius, Chu Hsi and Ernest Holmes
- Video Games Suppliers - Competition Will Do More Good For You!
- Female Infertility - An Overview
- Pushing Poor People Away
- Prostate Cancer - Overall
- Chinese Negotiation 101
- Remittances and International Aid - How to Make Them Work?
For sake of kin, Korean residents of Japan seek any thaw with Pyongyang but doubt Abe can bring results have 291 words, post on www.japantimes.co.jp at May 24, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.