Humans will begin trials of an experimental coronavirus vaccine today, a senior US official has revealed. Forty-five participants in Seattle – which is currently being ravaged by an outbreak – will receive the jab to test it is safe. None of the volunteers, who are aged between 18 and 55, will be infected at this point. Further trials are planned if the vaccine is safe. Dozens of pharmaceutical firms and universities across the world are in a race against time to create a COVID-19 vaccine. Leading officials have already warned a jab to protect millions could be a year away, meaning thousands will die in the meantime. More than 170,000 cases have already been confirmed worldwide, and at least 6,500 patients are known to have died. Dozens of research groups across the world, including Massachusetts-based Moderna, have taken a different route to traditional vaccine techniques The World Health Organization says 35 experimental vaccines are in development, including one co-developed by the US government. The National Institutes of Health is funding the trial of the jab, which was created alongside Massachusetts-based Moderna. The first participant in the phase one trial – the earliest stage of human drug research – will receive… Read full this story
- Yearly Coronavirus Vaccinations ‘Highly Likely’ Warns UK Health Secretary
- Indonesia: President Takes Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Candidate on TV
- Doctors claim it's 'normal' to feel unwell after having coronavirus vaccine
- A coronavirus epidemic hit 20,000 years ago, new study finds
- Moderna Applies for Emergency F.D.A. Approval for Its Coronavirus Vaccine
- UK grandmother, 90, becomes first in the world to receive coronavirus vaccine
- COVID-19: Scientists warn coronavirus testing could be overwhelmed by rising infections
- Coronavirus vaccines: how safe will they be and is it important that everyone gets one?
- COVID-19: Gareth Southgate urges young people to have coronavirus vaccine and get 'freedom back'
- Column: When should you get excited about a coronavirus vaccine? Not yet
- Coronavirus map LIVE: Virus hits Northern Ireland -patient travelled from Italy via Dublin
- Reported Coronavirus Cases Top 5 Million Worldwide
First patient will get an experimental coronavirus vaccine TODAY – but scientists warn it will be at least a YEAR before the jab could be rolled out to the rest of the world have 317 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 15, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.