In Anna Quindlen’s gripping novel “Black and Blue”, a woman tries to escape from her abusive husband who is a policeman. She lives in terror that he will find her with the same tools he uses to pursue criminals.The case of Drew Peterson, a policeman in Bollingbrook, Illinois, is still under investigation in the disappearance of his fourth wife Stacy. His third wife, whose body was dug up for further testing, showed signs of homicide. Relatives tell police that the husband abused the women. Peterson claims he loves Stacy and wants her to come home. Authorities have never located Stacy’s body. No one has heard from her.One of the earliest signs of future abusive behavior is financial control. A husband controls the purse strings, refusing to share financial information with his wife but expecting that she account for every choice and every penny spent.Many women suffer in silence, telling themselves that their husband’s controlling behavior is a personality quirk.They may still have access to joint finances, reasonable mobility and buying choices. They are frustrated by their husband’s attitude and behavior, but they don’t live with a gnawing sense of fear.Financial abuse is different.It is behavior designed to isolate a woman… Read full this story
- Economic incentives not enough for early marriage
- Abusive vicar... or wounded veteran? When ex-SAS soldier Reverend Paul Parks was suspended from the Church for domestic abuse, his parishioners were left stunned. Now, his wife reveals why she is sticking by him
- Family from hell
- 'I'm trapped inside with my fiancé who I don't love anymore during lockdown'
- Don't tie people into knots over tying the knot
- Prince Andrew faces fresh accusation linking him to another sex slave
- Rightsholders: Understanding the plight of vulnerable group in Nigeria
- US couple’s nightmare: Held in China, away from daughter
- Russian billionaire who played ice hockey with Putin is found shot dead at his Moscow mansion in 'suspected suicide'
- Santa Monica: New Emergency Orders Limit Construction Noise, Suspend Plastic Bag Ban, Extend Fire Permits, And Prevent Interest On Rent
- Brock Pierce: The Hippie King of Cryptocurrency
- Little Richard Put Wild Sex Into the Top 40 for Good
Financial Abuse in Marriage have 356 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 15, 2008. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.