Medical face masks and disinfectant have become hard to come by in Germany lately. It’s no wonder as growing numbers of coronavirus infections are being reported in the country. Few people in Germany are bulk buying food– even though demand for pasta, canned food, wheat, oil and toilet paper has shot up. Read more: When will ‘hamsterkauf’ become an English word? While fear of contracting the coronavirus, or COVID-19, has increased in recent weeks, most Germans (76%) remain calm, a representative survey shows. The study was commissioned by public broadcaster ARD, and carried out in March by pollster infratest-dimap. Watch video 02:35 Share Germany and the coronavirus Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3YlQ3 How worried are Germans about the coronavirus? It shows that 51% of those surveyed approve of German Health Minister Jens Spahn, who this week called the virus a “worldwide pandemic” that has yet to “reach its peak” in Germany. The approval rating makes him Germany’s second-most popular politician behind Chancellor Angela Merkel, who has an approval rating of 53%. Spahn is Germany’s most popular health minister in the history of the poll. Don’t forget to wash your hands! Spahn has been… Read full this story
- Why Are Some Adults Really Afraid of Ghosts?
- German cabinet approves bill to shoot protected wolves
- 'We Are not Afraid': EU Stands-Up to Trade 'Bullies' in Tariff Row With US
- Nations League: Van Dijk goal steals late point despite German dominance
- Who's afraid of Corbynomics?
- Michael Schumacher’s wife explains secrecy around his condition
- What Are Viruses?
- N. Fürst: The man who survived three concentration camps and a death march
- Germany set to take charge of imam education locally
- Opinion: The tale of the big bad wolf
- The Key Characteristics of People Who Enjoy Being Single
- The night Prince Andrew went to a ‘hookers and pimps’ party with Heidi Klum and Jeffrey Epstein’s procurer Ghislaine Maxwell
Few Germans afraid of coronavirus have 332 words, post on www.dw.com at June 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.