Photo: Visions Du Réel Photo: Visions Du Réel Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Visions Du Réel Festivals Amid COVID-19: Five Reflections 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. The independent movie business still depends very largely on selling and buying individual titles. Much of that is driven, despite the eruption of streaming platforms, by festivals and markets. So how events react to COVID-19 is no secondary question. Switzerland’s documentary Visions du Réel Festival, one of the first festivals to go totally online, debated the issue Sunday at a thoughtful digital panel, led by artistic directors, programmers and heads of a range of doc and more general European festivals: Paolo Moretti of Directors’ Fortnight, the Berlinale’s Sergio Fant, Orwa Nyrabia at IDFA, IndieLisboa’s Miguel Valverde and Visions du Réel’s own Emilie Bujès. Following, five takeaways: More from Variety U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson Returns to Work After Coronavirus Hospitalization, Won’t ‘Risk a Second Peak’ HBO’s Free Streaming Binge-a-Thon Expires This Week ‘Saturday Night Live’: Brad Pitt as Dr. Anthony Fauci Addresses Trump’s Coronavirus Misinformation in ‘At Home’ Edition (Watch) 1.When Will Festivals Get Back to Normal? Related Stories… Read full this story
- Netflix pulls out of Cannes amid feud with festival
- Bay Area Book Festival welcome letter from Cherilyn Parsons, founder and executive director of the festival
- Brand new camping, music festival announced for Central Texas
- Unity Technologies’ Unity for Humanity Grant Brings Terminal 3 to Tribeca Film Festival
- 'Teen Mom' star Farrah Abraham suffers huge wardrobe malfunction at Cannes Film Festival
- How to watch the Tribeca Film Festival from home
- Bay Area Book Festival welcome letter from Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin
- Ignore Facebook page: the Great Texas BBQ Festival is still a go
- Mayfest to offer some oases of calm amid the bustle of arts and music.
- Netflix is ditching Cannes film festival
- AOC, Nathan Fielder, and Neil Armstrong were the stars of a typically eclectic True/False Film Festival
- Restored version of Italian classic Bicycle Thieves goes to Cannes Film Festival
Festivals Amid COVID-19: Five Reflections have 340 words, post on www.chron.com at April 27, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.