The focus will be on pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah’s fitness status as the current selection committee will have its final meeting here on Monday to pick teams for three T20 Internationals against Sri Lanka and as many ODIs against Australia. Bumrah, who recently bowled at the India nets, is fit for competitive cricket and could be picked for either the T20 series against Sri Lanka beginning on January 5 or the ODI series against a full-strength Australian side starting on January 14. “The team for both series will be picked on Monday afternoon in Delhi. The selectors will pick teams for both series. In all likelihood, this will be the last selection meeting chaired by MSK Prasad,” a BCCI source said. MSK Prasad and his Central Zone colleague Gagan Khoda will have their tenure finished and a new chairman of selector along with a panel member is expected to be announced at the start of the new year. Jatin Paranjpe, Sarandeep Singh and Dewang Gandhi are likely to continue. It is more likely that Australia series will mark Bumrah’s return to competitive cricket after four months, having recovered from stress fracture. However, since Bumrah didn’t do his rehabilitation at the… Read full this story
- Jasprit Bumrah's estranged grandfather found dead in Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad
- IPL 2020: Mumbai Indians coach Shane Bond labels Jasprit Bumrah 'best T20 fast bowler in the world'
- India squads for Australia tour: Injured Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma miss out; big break for Varun Chakravarthy
- Team India may wear a retro kit against Australia in T20s and ODIs
- Looking forward to play my role as administrator as India prepare to host T20 World Cup next year: BCCI President Sourav Ganguly
- Autumn IPL adds spring to India ahead for Australia
- Covid in mind, India name huge squad for Aus series
- Virat Kohli to return home after Adelaide Test; Rohit Sharma included in Test team: Full list of India's revised squad
- IND vs AUS 2020 Test: Steve Smith Challenges India's Fast Bowlers to 'Bring on Short Bowling'
- India vs Australia: I haven't had too many stresses with short bowling: Smith dares Indian pacers
- India vs Australia 2020 Squad: T Natarajan Replaces 'Injured' Varun Chakravarthy in India's T20I Squad, Call on Wriddhiman Saha to be Taken Later
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli granted paternity leave, to return home after 1st Test; Rohit Sharma included
Eyes on Jasprit Bumrah as India squad for Sri Lanka T20s, Australia ODIs to be picked on Monday have 384 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at December 23, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.