Every elderly care home resident across England has now been offered their first Covid vaccination, with Boris Johnson promising to continue the ‘acceleration’ of the programme across the country. NHS England said people living at more than 10,000 eligible care homes with older residents had been offered the jab. The Government will announce today that the milestone, which it promised to reach by the end of January, has been achieved in the nick of time. A small number of homes had visits deferred for safety reasons during a local outbreak but would be visited as soon as it was safe for NHS staff to do so, a spokesman for NHS England said. Nine in 10 people over 80 have received their first jab, along with three quarters of people aged 75 to 79, the figures show. People in their 60s are expected to start receiving invitations for jab in the next few weeks as the rollout continues to gather pace. Care UK, one of the largest care home chains, said that all but one of its 124 homes had already been visited by vaccination teams. It said that about 85 per cent of residents had received the first dose of… Read full this story
- 3 color sensor gadgets to take the pain out of paint matching
- Sail (Far) Away: At Sea with America's Largest Floating Gathering of Conspiracy Theorists
- 12 Things I Should Have Considered Before Buying My First Home
- The Cops Don't Care About Violent Online Threats. What Do We Do Now?
- CRM Watchlist 2015 winners: Marketing takes the stage
- Is speedy rollout of Windows 10 version 1803 causing quality problems?
- Has Microsoft accelerated its latest Windows 10 rollout? Not so fast.
- The clarity of definition: CRM, CE and CX. Should we care?
- Belkin goes all in on the home of the future
- Does sleep tech really belong in the bedroom?
- Wiring for wireless: 5G and the tower in your backyard
- SpiralFrog's turmoil, in missives
EVERY care home resident has now been offered a Covid jab as another 598,389 vaccines are given out - the highest total of rollout so far - taking number of Britons to have at least one dose close to 9million have 308 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 31, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.