A PASSENGER has revealed a delayed connection meant he missed taking the Ethiopian Airlines flight that crash killing all those on board. Seven Brits were on the doomed aircraft which came down this morning just six minutes after takeoff from Addis Ababa bound for Nairobi. It was carrying 149 passengers from 35 countries and eight crew members – and Ahmed Khalid was meant to be one of them. But he revealed how he cheated death thanks to a late running connecting flight. “It was from Dubai to Addis Ababa and then from Addis Ababa to Nairobi but because of the delay from Dubai I missed the first flight,” he said, Globalnews.ca reported. “So when I reached Addis Ababa they told me to take second flight which I said was fine.” He said his rescheduled flight was delay and “everyone was asking what was happening” until a passenger used their phone to discover the news about the crash. Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 plane ‘crashes on route to Nairobi’ with reports of British passengers amongst the fatalities The CEO of Ethiopian Airlines, Tewolde Gebremariam, this afternoon confirmed the dead also include eight Americans and Italians, 32 Kenyans, nine Ethiopians, eight Chinese, seven… Read full this story
- Indonesian report on 737 MAX crash faults Boeing design, pilots and maintenance
- Boeing Warns That Controversial 737 Planes Might Also Have Faulty Wings, 3 Months After Crash
- What Brought Down the Russian Metrojet Flight Over Egypt?
- Airline Passenger Stung By Scorpion Mid-Flight: 'I Had a Full-Fledged Panic Attack'
- Ryanair, easyJet and BA are among airlines refusing cash refunds to passengers despite Foreign Office travel ban due to global coronavirus
- British Airways 'to suspend 36,000 staff days after grounding ALL flights to and from Gatwick due to coronavirus'
- EasyJet and Wizz Air passengers are denied refunds, refused access to customer services and told to turn up for flights that are already CANCELLED amid coronavirus meltdown
- Trump Gives 'Emergency Order' to Ground all Boeing 737 MAX Planes in the U.S. After Deadly Crashes
- British Airways grounds ALL flights to and from Gatwick due to coronavirus - hours after easyJet took its entire fleet out of service
- BA cancels string of transatlantic flights due to coronavirus: London to US routes are reduced due to lack of demand and short-haul flights drastically cut back threatening Easter holidays
- Watch: How One Flight Attendant Copes in Coronavirus Quarantine
- Koreans share planes out of Madagascar, Cameroon
Ethiopian Airlines crash – Passenger reveals he MISSED doomed flight after connecting plane he was on was late arriving have 385 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.