The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2019 to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation, and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea. The prize is also meant to recognise all the stakeholders working for peace and reconciliation in Ethiopia and in the East and Northeast African regions. When Abiy Ahmed became Prime Minister in April 2018, he made it clear that he wished to resume peace talks with Eritrea. In close cooperation with Isaias Afwerki, the President of Eritrea, Abiy Ahmed quickly worked out the principles of a peace agreement to end the long “no peace, no war” stalemate between the two countries. These principles are set out in the declarations that Prime Minister Abiy and President Afwerki signed in Asmara and Jeddah last July and September. An important premise for the breakthrough was Abiy Ahmed’s unconditional willingness to accept the arbitration ruling of an international boundary commission in 2002. Peace does not arise from the actions of one party alone. When Prime Minister Abiy reached out his hand, President Afwerki grasped it, and helped to formalise… Read full this story
- Malala congratulates Ethiopia’s PM for winning Nobel Peace Prize
- Trump says he was 'robbed' of Nobel Peace Prize
- Trump says he deserves Nobel Peace Prize not Abiy Ahmed
- Twitter Triggered as Trump Claims Japan's PM Nominated Him for Nobel Peace Prize
- Trump Complains About Not Winning the Nobel Peace Prize Days After Threatening to Commit War Crimes
- Ethiopia's Abiy Ahmed responds to Trump's Nobel Prize complaint
- John le Carré wins $100,000 prize for 'contribution to democracy'
- Abhijit Banerjee And His Wife Esther Duflo Receive Nobel Prize 2019 In Indian Attire
- Abhijit Banerjee Wins 2019 Nobel Prize In Economics, Facts About Him
- Nobel Winners 2019: Amul Honours Abhijit Banerjee And Esther Duflo With It's Doodle
- Ethiopia asks South Africa to help to resolve dam dispute
- Puzzlement in Ethiopia as Trump claims hand in Nobel prize
Ethiopia Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Alid Wins Nobel Peace Prize have 322 words, post on www.tnp.no at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.