HASEEB HAMEED scored his maiden Test half-century on his debut and helped Alastair Cook in an impressive opening stand.It will surely be the first of many big innings by the 19-year-old Lancastrian.Hameed finished day four of the First Test with 62 not out and has so far put on 114 unbroken runs with Cook.It means England have extended their overall lead to 163 runs.The match is likely to finish in a draw unless India unexpectedly collapse on the final day.For only the sixth teenager ever to play Test cricket for England, Hameed displayed remarkable calmness and concentration.And his parents – who hail from this state of Gujurat in India – brother and two sisters were in the crowd to see it.Hameed is an opening batsman from the old school with precise footwork, lovely balance, pure technique and plenty of patience. He also leaves the ball well outside his off stump.Especially at the start of their partnership, Hameed was playing like the 136-Test veteran and Cook like the novice.Hameed is Cook’s 12th partner since 2012 and England hope this duo will finally will establish a permanent liaison at the top of the order.Hameed struck only the second six of his first-class… Read full this story
- The World's 30 Most Impressive Fortresses
- Former UK Chancellor Alistair Darling says Britain must ignore 'little Englanders' and back a soft Brexit
- Hits & Misses: How Seven Films from Sundance 2015 Performed
- Sources reveal what Jeff Bezos plans to charge for space rides
- Apocalypse Not: Here's Why You Shouldn't Worry About End Times
- The Long Tail
- Toronto 2014: World premieres
- Stalin's secret bunker turns into World Cup meeting point
- Does the left have a future?
- Amazon Alexa and the Search for the One Perfect Answer
- Down in the Boondocs: The NYFF’s Go-To Films (I)
- Mission Unstoppable: Inside the All-Female Trek to the North Pole
England vs India: Haseeb Hameed hits sublime half-century as visitors reach the close on an impressive 114-0 have 302 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 12, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.