CHRIS CRACKNELL coached Fiji to Olympic gold medal glory as Ben Ryan’s No2 in Rio this summer.But the former England Sevens star has also seen first-hand the poverty that is driving some of the Islanders’ best talent away where they end up playing for England, New Zealand or Australia amongst others.IF FIJI can plug the drain of talent being tapped into by other countries then there is no reason why in the next 10 years they can’t be a rugby superpower and reach a World Cup final or semi-final. Keep up to date with ALL the rugby union news, gossip, transfers and goals on our club page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary There is no doubt the South Pacific island has the talent – England, Australia, New Zealand and France are all set to benefit from it today after picking players that could be running out for Fiji at Twickenham.Ben Ryan has been a great ambassador for the country and his idea of trying to build a Super Rugby franchise in Fiji would go some way in stopping players from going elsewhere.The Fiji Sevens are very much the people’s team and winning their first ever gold medal in the Olympics was… Read full this story
- THE LIFE AND DEATH OF KING JOHN has a talented cast, but bites off too much at New Phoenix Theatre
- Super Bowl: UT Vols football, Titans, Tennessee Patriots vs Rams ties
- Protruding Breasts! Acidic Pulp! #*@&!$% Senators! McCarthyism! Commies! Crime! And Punishment!
- Lowe: NBA's 30 teams rated from top title contenders to bottom feeders
- Obama officials failed to focus as fentanyl burned its way across America
- Toward a Definition of the Female Sensibility
- Tom Hiddleston’s Birthday: Loki Actor’s Movies Ranked from Worst to Best
- How Indiana's top-rated football recruits of the past 15 years fared
- Meet the cast of ‘Survivor: Edge of Extinction’
- United States to China: Don't steal trade secrets the way we used to do
- Americans were once the trade-war pirates
- The Fight for Gender Equality in One of the Most Dangerous Sports on Earth
England vs Fiji: Chris Cracknell claims Islanders can become a force to be reckoned with if they stop talent drain have 340 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 19, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.