Energy and Climate DebateWith Congress back in full swing and the administration moving forward on numerous energy and environment initiatives, House and Senate committees are well into writing legislation and preparing hearings for the 113th Congress.President Obama delivered the State of the Union address February 12, and in a heavily economics-focused speech, spent a considerable amount of time addressing energy and climate issues. Referencing revived congressional calls for a market-based approach to address climate change, the president vowed that the administration would move forward on its own if Congress does not act, and also proposed initiatives to support renewable and alternative energy programs such as making permanent tax incentives for solar and wind energy and doubling renewable energy generation by 2020. The president also proposed an Energy Efficiency Race to the Top program that would financially reward states that make efforts to improve energy productivity. The administration will request $200 million in the fiscal year 2014 budget for this program.Representative Fred Upton (R-MI), chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said February 13 that there may be areas of mutual agreement regarding congressional actions that would increase energy efficiency, hasten renewable energy production, and provide new funding for alternative vehicle… Read full this story
- Pruned Ranji Trophy to begin on February 17
- Enbridge Energy: Pierced Aquifer Near Minnesota Section Of Oil Pipeline Fixed
- Festivals in February 2022: Check Full List For the Hindu Month of Phalgun
- Big Oil In Decline May Fund Energy Transition Better Than High-Flying Renewables
- All the financial changes coming in February and how they could affect you
- All the movies and TV shows arriving on Hulu this February
- Council tax rebate LIVE: Rishi INSISTS energy price cap relief ‘right thing to do’ amid bill boost for low-income homes
- All the TV shows and movies coming to HBO Max in February 2022
- Nintendo Direct February 2022: When is the next Nintendo Direct?
- Punjab Assembly Polls: Sanyukt Samaj Morcha Declares 17 More Candidates
- Aaj Ka Panchang, February 3, 2022: Check Out Tithi, Shubh Muhurat, Rahu Kaal and Other Details for Thursday
- WPI Inflation Rises to 4.17 Pc in February on Costlier Food, Fuel
Energy and Environmental Law Update - February 17, 2013 have 337 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at February 19, 2013. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.