New for August 16th I will try to keep new information and updates in the same post for a while until I have a chance to do a comprehensive re-overview of everything. The 16 August update from WHO indicates a large uptick in the daily number of cases. Over the two days of the most recent reporting period an average of 76 cases per day have been identified as confirmed, probable, or suspect, with a total of 76 deaths over that period of time. Good news is that the situation in Nigeria doesn’t seem to be developing. There were no new cases over the this reporting period, and one death. The last new cases in Nigeria were reported on August 6th for the period between August 2 and august 4. So over ten days without a new case in Nigeria probably means that the “outbreak” is burned out. Meanwhile, there is another suspected/possible case in another country. This has happened a number of times, where a suspected Ebola case is identified. Hong Kong, the Philippines, the US, etc. have had these, and of all of the cases none have been shown to be Ebola except possibly one, and that is… Read full this story
- 5-year-old boy dies of Ebola as Uganda cases rise to 3
- AP Explains: Why this Ebola outbreak is a special challenge
- The Latest: Rwanda tightens border surveillance for Ebola
- The Latest: 2 new Ebola virus cases confirmed in Uganda
- The Latest: UN committee on alert to discuss Ebola emergency
- 2nd case of Ebola confirmed in Congo city of Goma
- 48 Years Later, a Cold Case Mystery: Who Killed Officer Bolden?
- Health paradox: New diabetes cases fall while obesity rises
- Data: California’s improved vaccination rates are keeping measles at bay
- A timeline of Congo's latest deadly Ebola virus outbreak
- Ebola outbreak in Congo declared an emergency
- The Latest: Congo starts giving Ebola vaccine to some babies
#Ebola UPDATE-Rate Of New Cases Rises, Note to Laurie Garrett, is there a case in South Africa? have 307 words, post on scienceblogs.com at August 12, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.