21 Apr From the section Conference Share this with Digg Facebook Google LinkedIn Reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Copy this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43763000 Read more about sharing. Macclesfield Town have been promoted to the English Football League after their win against Eastleigh crowned them National League champions.Victory for the Silkmen means they cannot be caught by second-placed Tranmere, with their six-year stay in non-league set to come to an end.John Askey’s side took an early lead when Tyrone Marsh latched on to David Fitzpatrick’s cross to fire home.Mitch Hancox scored on the hour-mark to wrap up victory on the south coast.Macclesfield will return to the EFL having been relegated in 2011-12, with their final game of this campaign against Dagenham & Redbridge on 28 April.It has been an eventful season for the Silkmen, who issued an apology to players and staff in February after they went unpaid due to a “technical issue”.Despite the uncertainty over wages, Macclesfield have been top of the table since 9 December and continued their fine form in the National League.Aldershot closed to within a point of them on 27 January, but a sequence of just one defeat in the games that have followed has seen them pull away… Read full this story
- LinkedIn to sponsor Grimsby Town Football Club
- Artisan pizzas and craft beer: How foodie culture could save the high street
- English councils to increase average tax bill by £81
- Travelodge steps up community regeneration plans
- Meet the brothers battling big supermarkets with their new Meon Valley convenience store
- No Lib Dem resurgence at local elections but share of votes increases
Eastleigh 0-2 Macclesfield Town have 282 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.