Sport The once mighty West Indies struggled to qualify for the Cricket World Cup last year but their fortunes are on the upswing and they will arrive in England a dangerous and unpredictable outfit that nobody will be keen to play. 24 May 2019 10:31AM Bookmark REUTERS: The once mighty West Indies struggled to qualify for the Cricket World Cup last year but their fortunes are on the upswing and they will arrive in England a dangerous and unpredictable outfit that nobody will be keen to play.The winners of the first two World Cups back in the 1970s, West Indies have not made the final since 1983 as the well-documented decline in Caribbean cricketing fortunes played out.Throughout their struggles at test level in recent decades, however, they have remained a dynamic 20-over outfit, winning the 2012 and 2016 World Twenty20 tournaments.The recent return of some of their best players following the resolution of a long-running pay dispute with West Indies board has provided a big boost and they certainly do not lack batting firepower.Chris Gayle and Andre Russell are particularly important returnees, both potential match-winners coming off magnificent Indian Premier League campaigns where they lit up the subcontinent with breathtaking… Read full this story
- Chris Gayle Breaks Record For Most Sixes In World Cup History
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score, Over 1 to 5 Latest Cricket Score, Updates
- West Indies vs Pakistan Live Score, Over 6 to 10 Latest Cricket Score, Updates
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score, Over 11 to 15 Latest Cricket Score, Updates
- Cricket World Cup 2019, West Indies vs Pakistan: Chris Gayle, West Indies Player To Watch Out For
- Mohammad Amir quits Test: When his 6 for 44 wrecked West Indies in Kingston in 2017
- New Zealand Can Be World Cup Winners, Says Brendon McCullum
- Jason Mohammed Stars As Record-Setting West Indies Beat Pakistan In 1st ODI
- World Cup 2010: South Africa v Mexico - as it happened
- Colombia v Greece: World Cup 2014 – as it happened
- "Have To Make Do": Eoin Morgan On Limited Chances To Prepare Before T20 World Cup
- World Cup questions: Were England robbed by Argentina at Mexico 86?
Dynamic West Indies a dangerous World Cup wildcard have 335 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.