In May, the privacy-first browser DuckDuckGo suffered backlash from the community after a publication posted that while the browser blocked Google and Facebook trackers, it allowed Microsoft trackers to continue running . At the time, the company's CEO made a statement about what was happening – by saying it wasn't allowing all or even most Microsoft tracking attempts in its browsers – and promised changes. Now, DuckDuckGo is announcing increased protection from Microsoft trackers through its browsing apps. Starting next week, DuckDuckGo will expand the third-party tracking scripts it blocks from loading on websites to include scripts from Microsoft. This update applies to the iOS and Android apps and browser extensions with beta apps to follow in the coming month. DuckdDuckGo's CEO and founder Gabriel Weinberg says : This web tracking protection is not offered by most other popular browsers by default and sits on top of many other DuckDuckGo web tracking protections. This all means our browsing apps and extensions currently offer more protection against Microsoft trackers by default than Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and more. Also, to help clear up some other misconceptions floating around, Microsoft scripts were never embedded in our search engine or apps, which do not track… Read full this story
- CII-CDT ties up with Microsoft to provide ‘Cyber Raksha Kavach’ to MSMEs
- DuckDuckGo’s private Mac browser can’t replace Chrome or Safari, yet
- DuckDuckGo announces a new privacy-focused Mac web browser
- DuckDuckGo’s privacy-centric browser arrives on Mac
- Microsoft Office update will stop you fraternizing with certain co-workers
- Nicola Sturgeon's new hate crime law 'could criminalise writing books' - furious backlash
- What does the GTA community think of GTA+, the new premium subscription service?
- ACLU: Google is embarrassed by Android security, isn't protecting vulnerable users like Apple's iOS
- Exxon's ban on LGBTQ Pride, Black Lives Matter flags at Houston Headquarters sparks employee backlash
- Google Chrome fans urged to DITCH browser as new rival emerges
- Apple Loop: Apple’s Stunning iPhone Leak, iPad’s Accessible Victory, Apple’s Controversial Repair Decision
- Apple Loop: Fast Charge For New iPhone, M2 Mac Release Dates, Apple’s Game Controller Plans
DuckDuckGo increases protection from Microsoft trackers after community backlash have 344 words, post on 9to5mac.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.