Syrian government and Russian air strikes have killed at least 46 civilians in a besieged town outside Damascus, while Turkish attacks on a Kurdish-held town in northern Syria left at least 22 dead, officials said. The death toll came a day after Syria passed the seven-year mark in its relentless civil war. In Damascus’s rebel-held enclave of eastern Ghouta, Syrian and Russian jets struck the town of Kafr Batna with cluster bombs, napalm-like incendiary weapons, and conventional explosives, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. The assault was part of an indiscriminate campaign by President Bashar Assad’s forces to retake the town and the rest of the enclave from the rebels. A medical charity supporting hospitals in the Ghouta region, the Syrian American Medical Society, said doctors in Kafr Batna were treating patients for severe burn wounds. The charity said it recorded 40 casualties on Friday. The Syrian Civil Defence search-and-rescue group said it had identified 42 bodies so far. Oways al-Shami, a spokesman for the Syrian Civil Defence, also known as the White Helmets, said he expected the toll to rise further. “Most of the (bodies) were charred,” he said. Exhausted and shell-shocked civilians streamed out of eastern Ghouta… Read full this story
- Russians kill 14 civilians, injure others in new Kharkiv bombings: Governor
- Troops Kill Nine Civilians in Breakaway Cameroon Region
- Ukraine: Drivers risk all to bring aid, help civilians flee
- Syrian President slams Donald Trump over "reckless and irresponsible" airstrikes as state news claims attack killed four children
- In January, Russia topped a dark league table, a Syria watchdog reports.
- US-led military coalition captures senior IS leader in northern Syria
- At least TWO DOZEN people are killed and 90 more are injured in spasm of gun violence across the US over the weekend
- Russian forces move closer to Kyiv as civilian evacuations of towns and villages come under threat
- Top IS Bombmaker Captured After Helicopters Swoop in on Syria Village in US Airborne Raid
- World War Three just got more likely as Donald Trump bombs Syria powder keg
- US missile strikes on Syria RECAP: Latest reaction to Donald Trump's military action against Assad regime
- Attack on bus kills 13, most of them troops, says Syrian military official
Dozens killed in Syria as civilians flee onslaught have 355 words, post on www.shropshirestar.com at March 16, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.