Share This Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about Facebook Email Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Doyel: A 68-year love affair with the Indy 500 started with a boy in an elm tree A man’s lifelong love affair with the Indianapolis 500 started on a tree limb near Turn 4 and still burns strong decades later. Sent! A link has been sent to your friend’s email address. Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. 1 Join the Conversation To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs Subscribe Today Log In Subscribed, but don’t have a login? Activate your digital access. Gregg Doyel, [email protected] Published 11:32 a.m. ET May 19, 2018 | Updated 3:19 p.m. ET May 19, 2018 CLOSE These drivers have won the Indianapolis 500 on more than one occasion. Three men have won it four times. Scott Horner/IndyStar CONNECT TWEET LINKEDIN 1 COMMENT EMAIL MORE LEBANON – That old elm tree is gone, now. Must have been 50 years ago that Indianapolis Motor Speedway purchased the last of the land north of the track, putting another grandstand on the spot where a boy named… Read full this story
- The Most Fun Way to Get to the Indy 500? On a Bike.
- MaxPreps 2018-19 High School Boys Basketball All-American Team
- No. 5 St. John Bosco bowls over De La Salle for second time in four years
- India vs West Indies Live Score, 3rd T20I: KL Rahul, Virat Kohli power India to 240/3
- DIY shop darling who taught us the true spirit of Christmas: Meet the four generations of this year's surprise Christmas hit advert - made by its little star's dad for £100 to promote the family hardware store
- Hardik Pandya spotted with Natasha Stankovic after dinner date in Mumbai, affair rumours get strong
- Fatal legacy of the posh boys playing at being gangsters: Yaseen won a scholarship to private school. But he tells how his best friend died after being stabbed by a wealthy pal who- like so many privileged teens- revelled in a violent drug culture
- L.A. Affairs: Our love was bashert — that’s Yiddish, for ‘meant to be’
- Ken Barlow's racy love life - four marriages, a stripper and a snog with Joanna Lumley
- The Masked Singer: Ana Gasteyer turns out to be Tree as Jenny McCarthy guesses correctly
- Beach Boys Plan Anniversary Blowout With Likely Reunion Tour
- Gregg Allman: The Wild Times, Lost Years and Rebirth of a Southern-Rock Legend
Doyel: A 68-year love affair with the Indy 500 started with a boy in an elm tree have 403 words, post on www.indystar.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.