However, the rules will not be used to take prosecutions, he said. “Accountability is not about scapegoating, and should not be used to create a fear of failure.” The accountability legislation will make individuals answerable for their actions, he insisted in a speech given at Trinity College Dublin, during an event focused on banking culture. “This regime should be designed to call to account those taking unnecessary, uncalculated risks; who engage in moral hazard, who refuse to follow the correct protocols and processes, who lie to or mislead their colleagues and clients, and who knowingly commit wrongdoing,” the minister said. The targeting of new rules at individual bankers reflects concern that while rules have tightened since the crash, the culture and attitudes within institutions have been slower to change. At the same event, Bank of Ireland CEO Francesca McDonagh said increased accountability will help drive cultural change. “We can’t shy away from the mistakes of the past but we must learn from them so that we can transform the culture in Irish banking. Bank of Ireland wants to play a leadership role in this task, and help to develop best practice cultural improvement for our sector,” she said. Legislation has… Read full this story
- WATCH: LeBron James makes burner account joke mocking Bryan Colangelo
- Rangers 'unlikely' to move Kevin Hayes until after new year
- No surprise, New Year's brings out drunk drivers like no other day
- J.C. Jackson makes Patriots' roster 2 years after almost quitting football
- Don’t assume UCF’s running away in the New Year’s Six race
- Floyd Mayweather to face kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa at Rizin 14 in Tokyo on New Year's Eve
- Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa is OFF after retired boxer says he ‘never agreed to New Year’s Eve bout’ in the first place
- How Week 11’s top-25 games are changing the New Year’s picture
- How Week 11’s top-25 games changed the New Year’s picture
- Uber's New Year's surge pricing will peak between midnight and 3 am
- College football bowl projections: LSU solidifies New Year's Six position, West Virginia falls out
- Bowl projections: No playoff berth and only seven eligible teams, but what about the New Year’s Six?
Donohoe to make bankers accountable in new year have 356 words, post on www.independent.ie at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.