A complete realignment of politics along Brexit lines is the Tories’ only hope of a parliamentary majority
The last Conservative MP in the seat of Newcastle-under-Lyme was Charles Donaldson-Hudson. A JP and member of the landed gentry, he held it from 1880 to 1885. Yet, when the autumn election finally arrives, Newcastle will be one of the Tory party’s top target seats.
Joining it on the list will be Bishop Auckland (Labour since 1931), Ashfield (Labour-held for all but two of the last 54 years), and Barrow and Furness (won by Labour at every election since 1992).
The targeting of such seats is not the madness it might first appear. It is, in fact, part of Boris Johnson and his chief adviser…
- HBO Would Like Donald Trump to Stop Using
- Now Donald Trump wants China to investigate former vice president Joe Biden
- Show me! Donald Trump wants to see President Obama's birth certificate with his own eyes
- Donald Trump wants to use Detroit, black voters
- Donald Trump wants Lindsay Lohan for 'Celebrity Apprentice,' according to her mother, Dina
- Ted Williams, Roger Staubach & Gil Hodges all could have made a run at Presidency, like Donald Trump
- Donald Trump wants asylum seekers to pay application fee
- It looked like Donald Trump's Twitter account was deleted. Then it wasn't.
- Man Famous for Acting Like Donald Trump Behaves Predictably
- Brexit latest: Tory peer demands Dominic Cummings be stripped of Westminster pass
- Donald Trump’s Ugly, Myth-Busting Presidency
- Bernie Sanders: Trump Wants To Get Rid Of The Filibuster Too, So Be Skeptical