Son Heung-min in action during a 2022 Qatar World Cup Group H match agianst Uruguay at Education City Stadium, Al Rayyan, Qatar on Thursday. [REUTERS/YONHAP] Korea held Uruguay to a 0-0 draw at Education City Stadium in Qatar on Thursday, taking a solid one point against the higher-ranked team despite looking for much of the match like they had the potential to go further. Captain Son Heung-min and veteran defender Kim Jin-su played the entire 90 minutes despite both returning from injuries this week. Na Sang-ho filled in for injured midfielder Hwang Hee-chan, with the rest of the Taeguk Warriors lineup drawn straight out of the regular Paulo Bento playbook. Korea stuck with the typical Bento approach throughout the match, building attacks slowly from the back and using all 10 players to mount a gradual creeping offensive, an approach that was equal parts successful and frustrating to watch. Opportunities on goal, however, were few and far between. Hwang Ui-jo set the only real first half chance soaring over the bar, while a Hwang In-beom punt from some distance provided a bit of excitement if nothing else. Hwang Ui-jo, left, misses a chance to score during a World Cup Group H… Read full this story
- Africa: World Cup Facts
- 2018 World Cup: Which team should you root for? Here's one reason to cheer each country.
- Best of the Greatest Show on Earth: The 2018 World Cup so far
- The Latest: Salah scores, but Russia beats Egypt for 2nd win
- The Latest: 2 more quick scores make it Russia 3, Egypt 0
- Costa Rica in the 2018 Soccer World Cup (2)
- Who needs what to qualify in the final round of group games?
- Russia stun Spain with penalty shootout win to reach quarter finals, Iago Aspas and Koke miss from the spot
Dogged Korea hold Uruguay to 0-0 draw have 289 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.