WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA — Ed Buck, the prominent Democratic Party donor whose West Hollywood apartment was the scene of two fatal drug overdoses, was jailed Wednesday morning in lieu of $4 million bail after being arrested and charged by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office with running a drug den in his residence after a third man last week suffered a near-fatal overdose at Buck’s apartment. Buck is accused of injecting a 37-year-old man with methamphetamine Wednesday at the defendant’s apartment in the 1200 block of Laurel Avenue in West Hollywood, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. The man suffered an overdose but survived, authorities said. Buck, 65, was charged with one felony count each of battery causing serious injury, administering methamphetamine and maintaining a drug house, the District Attorney’s Office announced. Buck was arrested and is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom. If convicted as charged, Buck faces a possible prison sentence of five years and eight months, according to Greg Risling, the assistant chief of media relations for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. “I remain deeply concerned for the safety of people whose life circumstances may make them… Read full this story
- The Trump Voters Who Don’t Deserve Democrats’ Sympathy
- Biden's former Democratic rivals form a deep bench of potential Cabinet picks
- Stained sheets, pills but no clarity on Gillum hotel run-in
- 'Political game'? Governors push back on Trump virus charge
- Women poised to take charge in Dem majority
- Pompeo says U.S. may never restore WHO funds; Democrats insist it must
- Democratic group reserves $1 million in TV ads against McConnell
- Democrat governors resist Trump's calls to 'liberate' amid huge protests: Minnesota's Tim Walz says it will take 'more than a two-word tweet' for his state to reopen while Washington's Jay Inslee claims president is 'fomenting a domestic rebellion'
- Coronavirus update: UK hospitals may run out of protective gear, Trump estimates 65,000 US deaths, banned athletes to run in Tokyo
- ‘Fake News’ Hysteria: Germany Plans Government-Run ‘Center of Defense’
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump gives governors guidelines to reopen states
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
Democratic Donor Charged With Running Drug Den After Fatal OD's have 358 words, post on patch.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.