Davis Cup organisers admit selling tickets for the revamped competition is proving a challenge with less than two weeks to go. The disappointing sales come despite countries naming strong teams, which was the main objective of the change of format.Federer, Djokovic to clash at ATP FinalsNadal hopes to be fit for ATP FinalsAre ATP Finals ill-timed for Nadal?Six of the top 10 will be in Madrid, including Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. Andy Murray will also be representing Britain for the first time in three years. Pique keen on expanding Davis Cup Gerard Pique has revealed he wants to expand the Davis Cup finals to a two-week event featuring 24 teams. Eighteen national teams will head to Madrid for the first edition of the week-long, World Cup-style event, which begins on November 18.Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique’s Kosmos company is the financial muscle behind the event having pledged to invest $3bn (£2.3bn) over 25 years. But efforts to recoup some of that money through strong ticket sales are proving problematic.A spokeswoman for Kosmos said: “We are happy with ticket sales for the afternoon sessions and from Friday until Sunday [quarter-finals, semi-finals and final] but it’s much more difficult to sell tickets… Read full this story
- Tennis Podcast: Midnight mayhem in Madrid, but a proper Davis Cup atmosphere
- Andy Murray hoping to continue his strong British record ahead of Dan Evans semi-final challenge
- Ken Davy and Shane Richardson on planning the way ahead for British rugby league
- Greg Davies addresses 'contentious decision' on Taskmaster after fans get 'cross'
- Memo To Concacaf: Stop Holding The Gold Cup Every Two Years
- David Beckham was not meant to take free-kick against Greece, admits Sven Goran Eriksson
- Rugby warned it will need to rethink entire season if European Cup falls victim to Covid
- ATP Cup: Fired-Up Novak Djokovic Makes Perfect Start But Dominic Thiem Slumps | Tennis News
- Thailand to Host Air Race 1 World Cup in 2017
- The evolution of the America's Cup continues
- World Cup Qatar 2022: Calls For A Boycott Spring From The Arctic Circle
- 24 Wrestlers to Represent India in Individual World Cup in Serbia
Davis Cup organisers admit challenges over tickets for revamped competition have 341 words, post on www.skysports.com at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.