Costa Rica might be pint-sized but it is famed around the world for many things: great beaches, breathtaking landscapes, a huge biodiversity. It is also a country with a well-developed communication and information infrastructure that facilitates the creation and support of all sorts of business initiatives. These include new, creative ways of supporting conservation and sustainability. Ticos also have a strong commitment to preserving the environment. True to this goal and in tune with the new global financial trend: cryptocurrencies, Costa Rica has just launched the first “green” cryptocoin: the ecolon. A Very Brief 101 on Cryptocurrency Some of the most common financial buzzwords nowadays are cryptocoin, cryptocurrency, altcoin, cryptominer. They are all related to a form of digital money, or medium of exchange, designed to be secure by using complex cryptography to keep the transactions safe, verify the transfer of assets. and control the creation of additional units of currency. Thus, cryptocurrencies are encrypted, decentralized, and contrary to fiat money, they are not dependent of banks or governments. The first cryptocurrency, and still the best known was bitcoin, created in 2009. Its appearance marked the Big Bang of cryptocurrencies. According to a recent report, there are more than 1600… Read full this story
- 5.6 Magnitude Quake Hits Panama-Costa Rica Border Region, USGS Says
- Amazon Launches ‘Halo’ Wellness Tracker that Can Sense Your Moods
- U-16 World cup: How we shook the world – Nduka Ugbade tells astonishing story
- Coronavirus latest: WHO calls for 'gradual' easing of travel restrictions
- Washington hires Jason Wright as the NFL's first ever African-American team president after dropping 'Redskins' amid pressure from sponsors and being slapped with hostile workplace claims by 15 female employees
- Opening up post-COVID-19 free trade to save the planet
- Oliver Stone On His Coming-Of-Age Memoir ‘Chasing The Light,’ The Challenge In Making A President Trump Movie & Times He Nearly Got Killed Making His Early Films – Q&A
- International Dog Day: Organisation aims for animal-friendly locality. You can contribute too
- Promoting pragmatic relations amid pandemic
- Didi starts car-hailing services in Russia
- When will the UK travel quarantine list be reviewed today?
- Here's what California's new color-coded reopening rules mean for each Bay Area county
Costa Rica Launches a Green Cryptocoin have 345 words, post on thecostaricanews.com at May 3, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.