With global pharmaceutical companies trying to develop a vaccine for COVID-19, Indian companies too are trying to crack the code.At least three Indian vaccines makers – Serum Institute of India, Zydus Cadila and Bharat Biotech – are involved in the initiative.Serum Institute is a step ahead with its programme in pre-clinical phase. It has partnered with US-based clinical-stage biotechnology company Codagenix to rapidly co-develop a live-attenuated vaccine against coronavirus. Live-attenuated vaccines contain live but weakened virus. The company said it plans to make the vaccine market ready by 2022, and possibly even advancing the launch.Close Cadila Healthcare (Zydus) told stock exchanges that it has started work against Coronavirus vaccine while Bharat Biotech is yet to make any formal announcement. related news FM Sitharaman reaches out to CAs to promote Vivad se Vishwas scheme Coronavirus pandemic | ‘Test every suspected case’ of COVID-19: WHO ED summons Subhash Chandra, Sameer Gehlaut and Naresh Goyal in Yes Bank probe Zydus said it is working on two approaches to develop vaccines, one is a DNA vaccine that is based on small portion of virus DNA to generate immune response and another is a live attenuated recombinant measles virus vectored vaccine against COVID-19.An executive who heads… Read full this story
- EU, India seek closer ties to fight coronavirus pandemic
- China Asks: Is Biden Vaccine Giveaway to India Plagued by ‘Overt Racism’?
- COVID-19 vaccination drive to be extended in coming days: Health Minister Harsh Vardhan
- Putin to get coronavirus vaccine shot Sputnik V in Russia today
- Second vaccine against COVID-19 to be launched by Serum Institute in September
- India sends 2,00,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses for UN peacekeepers
- India Has Attracted 80 Countries Buying Vaccines, Rivaling Chinese Push
- Expats struggle to get COVID-19 vaccines in Kuwait, citizens come 1st
- Has India's coronavirus vaccine diplomacy hit a hurdle?
- India Claims to Lead World in Daily Coronavirus Vaccinations
- India Approves Russian Vaccine While Battling Devastating COVID Surge
- COVID: India faces vaccine shortage amid surge in new cases
Coronavirus pandemic: Here are the Indian companies developing the vaccine have 317 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.