Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said the proposed grand opposition alliance is merely a “grand race” by his rivals to be the prime minister and is driven by “personal survival and power politics”. In an interview to Swarajya magazine, he said the opposition has no agenda except to remove him and that “hatred for Modi” is their “sole gluing force” as he expressed confidence that people will vote the BJP back to power in the next Lok Sabha elections. In a swipe at the Congress, he said the main opposition party is fighting a battle for its survival (“astitva ki ladai”) and is now running from pillar to post looking for allies after people rejected its “high-handedness”. Ridiculing the Rahul Gandhi-led party, the prime minister said it is now like a regional party and cannot become a cementing force or anchor for any alliance of opposition parties against him. Dubbing the next election a choice between governance and development on one side and chaos on the other, the prime minister cited the example of Karnataka, where the Congress-JD(S) alliance “stole the mandate” to form government with “development taking a back seat”. “In any election, a non-ideological and opportunist coalition is… Read full this story
- Assembly Elections wrap: PM Modi bats for ‘asol paribartan’ in Bengal; Amit Shah says confident of Tamil Nadu win; and more
- From PM Modi to Sonia Gandhi and Shabana Azmi: What Mamata Gained from Star-studded Delhi Tour
- 'No follow-up results' after meeting with PM Modi: Farooq Abdullah
- India's Main Opposition Party Congress Extends Olive Branch to Bengal State Chief to Defeat PM Modi
- Pegasus Row, Vaccine Shortage & Fuel Price Hike: What Mamata May Discuss With PM Modi Today
- Read Evan Rachel Wood's Harrowing 2018 Testimony to Congress About Surviving Sexual Assault
- TMC-Congress ties warm up as Mamata’s Delhi trip starts today | India News - Times of India
- Opposition Leaders Call Lockdown Extension 'Amazing' but Find PM's Speech 'Hollow'
- Opposition will keep fighting to raise people’s issues including Pegasus matter: Congress
- BJP resolution lauds PM, Centre for farm laws, handling LAC standoff and COVID-19 pandemic
- 'How Would Lighting Lamps Help?' Bengal Politicians Slam PM's Message on Ending Darkness of Virus
- 'Hum Akele Kuch Nahi': Mamata Calls on Sonia Gandhi in Big Show of Opposition Unity; Rahul Present
Congress fighting for survival, hatred for me sole glue binding opposition: PM Modi have 372 words, post on www.dnaindia.com at July 3, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.