Consumer demand for high-speed internet surged last quarter at NBCUniversal parent Comcast even as theme park revenue plunged 80% in a mixed earnings report that reflected the ongoing pandemic. Theatrical revenue, for instance, plunged 95%, home entertainment sales surged nearly 50%. Peacock sign-ups hit 22 million, exceeding every internal engagement metric for the new streaming service — even without the Olympics or The Office — the company said Thursday. At last check — a media conference in mid-September — it had 15 million sign-ups, which was up 50% from the 10 million Comcast reported with its second quarter numbers in July. It added a whopping 633,333 high-speed Internet customers for the three months ended in September. Related Story NBCU Parent Comcast To Take $700M In Severance, Restructuring Charges This Year As More Layoffs Loom The stock was up 2% in early trading. Total revenue was $25.5 billion, down 4.8% but ahead of expectations. Adjusted earnings per share came in at $0.65 a share. Net income was $2 billion, or $$ 0.44. Revenue at NBCUniversal fell about 19% to $6.7 billion in quarter. Adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) dropped by 39% to $1.3 billion. Filmed entertainment revenue… Read full this story
- Peacock: Everything to know about NBCUniversal's free streaming app
- More than one million Americans filed for unemployment last week even as parts of the economy start to rebound amid the pandemic and government financial aid dries up
- 01.00 Coronavirus UK latest news – Up to 85,000 excess winter deaths, warns SAGE, as lockdown eased in Northwest – LIVE
- Bundesliga transfer blog: Leverkusen steal march on Leipzig in race to sign Patrik Schick
- HBO Max: Everything to know about HBO's bigger streaming app
- Which Movies Studios Won and Lost the Summer of No Blockbusters?
- Business owners tap into savings to withstand pandemic
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 16
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 4
- School is starting -- and the broadband gap will be a massive problem
- Remote education is forcing the U.S. to confront the digital divide
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 28
Comcast’s Peacock At Nearly 22 Million Sign-Ups; Q3 Sales, Profit Dip; Theme Park, Theatrical Revenues Plunge have 311 words, post on deadline.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.