Fore runners of the British Punk scene, The Clash have been one of very few bands who actually survived the disintegration of Punk and leapt successfully into the eras that followed. New wave, as we know, had been the watered down, commercial idea of the media to calm Punk down. What society had failed to do was disperse the crowds of adoring fans that still hung desperately onto their Punk heroes. The Jam, The Stranglers and The Damned remained true to their roots only on a handful of occasions daring to step gingerly over to the world of commercialised pop just to make a buck or two out of the British charts.Born from an era of futureless lives, Punk had been the ‘anarchic noise’ that the youth had wanted to hear. It was bands like The Clash, that fuelled the rebellion of the young who were faced with unemployment and bland existences. Angry, pessimistic and anti-establishment, these bands were despised by the older generation and feared by heads of State. Loved, worshipped and adored by the youth, it was to be obvious that Punk, as we saw it, was to be short lived. The young grow up, and in a… Read full this story
- Sergio Aguero out of Man City clash with Chelsea in blow to table toppers
- Manchester City handed De Bruyne boost ahead of 'big opportunity' of Liverpool clash
- Kompany: Liverpool clash isn't win or bust for City
- Stat attack: West Ham v Norwich City
- Guardiola injury headache grows as Silva faces spell out, leaving City with '15 players available'
- Kevin De Bruyne stormed down tunnel after being subbed off during Man City’s Burton mauling
- Penalty against Man City in Schalke clash may have been ILLEGAL under VAR rules
- 5 things we learned from Chelsea’s victory over Manchester City
- Pep delight as De Bruyne and Aguero return to boost City's challenge
- Vincent Kompany challenges Manchester City to leave nothing in their locker
- Leroy Sane hails ‘special’ Man City performance and warns Liverpool title chase is now on
- I want Manchester City to stay busy: Pep Guardiola
Clash City Rockers have 340 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 14, 2006. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.