May 28, 2018 (2 hours ago) [Mon, May 28 2018 11:16 IST] IANS Beijing, May 28 : China on Sunday voiced strong dissatisfaction and firm opposition to two US warships trespassing into China’s territorial waters off the Xisha Islands. Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said in a statement released on Sunday night that the US warships trespassed into China’s territorial waters off the Xisha Islands on Sunday without permission of the Chinese government, and the Chinese navy identified the US warships, warned and expelled them, Xinhua reported. The Xisha Islands are China’s inherent territory, Lu said, noting that in accordance with the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Territorial Sea and the Contiguous Zone, the Chinese government promulgated the baseline of the territorial sea off the Xisha Islands in 1996. The relevant Chinese law has explicit provisions on foreign military vessels’ entry into the territorial sea of China, Lu said. The US side once again sent warships to trespass into China’s territorial waters off the Xisha Islands, an act which violated the Chinese and relevant international laws, seriously infringed upon China’s sovereignty, disrupted peace, security and good order of the relevant waters. “The Chinese side strongly urges… Read full this story
- China will never_ ever give up an inch of territory_ says defence minister
- Chinese Helicopters_ Warship Confront British Navy Vessel In South China Sea
- U.S. Navy Cruiser Has 'Unsafe Encounter' With Chinese Ship In Disputed Waters
- Beijing Angered At British Ships In South China Sea, Calls U.K. Washington’s ‘Sharksucker’
- U.S. Flies Nuclear Bombers Near Disputed Chinese Sea Bases, Beijing Condemns 'Provocative' Exercises
- Chinese destroyer made 'unsafe and unprofessional move' toward USS Decatur in South China Sea, official says
- China chides US B-52 bomber missions as ‘provocative’
- US warship sails by contested island chain in South China Sea in message to Beijing, official says
- China calls American B-52 flights near disputed islands "provocative"
- China and North Korea Warn Japan as It Conducts Historic Military Drills
- Pentagon chief: US relations with China not worsening despite bumps
- Chinese destroyer comes dangerously close to US ship in South China Sea
China opposes US provocation in its territorial waters have 355 words, post on www.newkerala.com at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.