KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — In the Kansas City Chiefs’ regular-season finale, that must-win game against the Los Angeles Chargers that helped them secure a first-round playoff bye, there was a play late in the third quarter that caused Andy Reid to laugh. The Chiefs coach watched from the sideline as Terrell Suggs, their recently acquired ageless wonder, dominated the woebegone offensive tackle assigned to block him and put some pressure on Philip Rivers. The Chargers quarterback moved in the pocket right into the arms of Frank Clark, the Chiefs’ other defensive end, who cleaned up the sack. “He was right there to take him,” Reid said, “and then 55 got the sack. He could’ve just gone, ‘Well, you know.’ But he laughed about it. He goes, ‘Man, I worked all of this through and my man here gets the sack? Well, good for him.’” Good for the Chiefs, too. The late-season addition of Suggs has only helped a Kansas City pass rush that had been humming along most of the season, and one that could prove pivotal in its divisional round matchup against Houston. The veteran of 18 postseason games has helped to cover for the loss of Emmanuel… Read full this story
- ‘The X-Factor For Tampa To Win Is That Front Four’: Cliff Avril Breaks Down Why The Bucs Pass Rush Could Determine Super Bowl LV
- Super Bowl 2021 Key Matchup: Can Kansas City’s Banged Up Offensive Line Hold Off Bucs Pass Rush?
- Super Bowl LV Picks: Chiefs Or Bucs ‘Probably Going To Cover The Point Spread,’ Says SportsLine’s Kenny White
- NFC Playoff Picture: Who’s Most, Least Likely To Make Postseason
- Super Bowl LV: Buccaneers vs Chiefs - Jeff Reinebold breaks down the game's five key matchups
- Kansas City Chiefs: Road to Super Bowl LV in Tampa Bay
- Buffalo Bills 24-38 Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce star
- Super Bowl LV Preview: Tom Brady-Patrick Mahomes ‘The Type Of Matchup You Don’t Get Every Day In The Ultimate Game,’ Says NFL On CBS’s Charles Davis
- Report: Multiple injured Chiefs and Buccaneers players expected to be healthy for Super Bowl LV
- Another Chiefs Playoff Loss No Reason To Blow Up Team
- Super Bowl 2021 Odds: Latest Betting Lines and Trends for Chiefs vs. Buccaneers
- Fortnite and Verizon team up for in-game Super Bowl LV fan experience
Chiefs pass rush could be pivotal vs Texans in playoff game have 381 words, post on apnews.com at January 10, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.