Chennai: As the water crisis deepens in the capital city of Tamil Nadu, different segments of society are now mulling over new alternatives to tackle the problem. Chennaites have started implementing special measures to ensure judicious use of water and conserve it for upcoming days. Live TV City-based hotels and restaurants have rolled out innovative steps to ensure that businesses can function unhindered. From pushcarts to popular restaurants, the industry is switching to traditional ways of serving meals, to help reduce water consumption. Meals are now being served on banana leaves or stainless steel plates that are topped with banana leaves. Notices requesting customers to cooperate have been put up at several restaurants. Offering food on banana leaves has roots in ancient cultures of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Traditionally during wedding feasts, temple puja offerings, and festival meals, food would be served on banana leaves. “We were a society that was more used to natural products, natural packaging and much more. From leaf-based to stem-based packaging material, it’s all available. There used to be communities that used to thrive on an economy based on this. Its time we revived all of it,” Arun Krishnamurthy, founder of Environmentalist Foundation of India told… Read full this story
- Wrap chicken and pork adobo in banana leaves
- Why Rizal will be the next food and art destination
- CBD and cheese tea top list of food trends projected for 2019
- LIST: New food, drinks to try in July
- Masala sea bream grilled in banana leaf
- Tan Hsueh Yun's food picks: Fresh bakes and ugly delicious food
- San Francisco restaurants are putting diners to work
- Food with a trending factor
- What does it take to make a restaurant kosher? (Hint: It’s intense)
- Are robot chefs a fad, or will they transform the fast-food industry?
- Restaurant review: L'Enclume
- Cheap food in Orchard exists
Chennai restaurants avoid plates to save water, serve food on banana leaves have 299 words, post on zeenews.india.com at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.