Starting from May 24, the Land Transport Department (LTD) and the Royal Thai Police will test their shared software program to see if it works well. “We are introducing this measure to prevent motorists from ignoring tickets issued by traffic police,” LTD deputy director-general Chantira Parutpat said. Statistics show that more than 5.4 million tickets have now been ignored. These tickets are issued to traffic-law offenders. So, if these offenders can just throw away the tickets, it is unlikely they will learn a lesson, Chantira said. Chantira said police would conduct a series of campaigns next month about the serious consequences of ignoring tickets. “People will be able to check if they have tickets pending by using an app provided by police,” she said. She said motorists would have to have paid all fines if they want to renew their vehicle-registration licences, which are renewed every year. “If they don’t … [Read more...] about Pay traffic fines or your car will be banned!
At present only three prestigious school are allowed to use entrance exams to recruit their secondary level students. They are Triam Udom Sueksa, Mahidol Witthaya Nusorn and Chulabhorn Rajawitthayalai schools. The remaining secondary schools are required to take in at least 60 per cent of students from the local area through lot draw, not exams. The schools are allowed to make their own decision on the remaining 40 per cent of available seats. Dr Ekkachai Kisukphan, chairman of the Basic Education Commission, said the commission decided on Friday to change the policy and allow some 200 schools to accept 100 per cent of students through entrance exams. Ekkachai said the commission felt that the old regulations restricted the potential of the schools with a high rate of prospective entrants to develop capable students. As a result, the 200 secondary schools with high rate of entrants will be exempt from the 60 per cent local recruitment regulation, Ekkachai said. He said the … [Read more...] about 200 secondary schools to recruit students with entrance exams
In his closing speech, Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong said the meeting was a success as it touched upon various topics, focusing on preparations for all-level Party congresses, towards the 13th National Party Congress. Most of the committee’s members agreed with proposals presented by the Political Bureau, he said, adding that all the members consented to adopt the meeting’s resolution. The leader highlighted new points of the meeting, from preparations to implementation, and lauded sub-committees for their efforts in collecting opinions of the Party Central Committee’s members and representatives of localities and agencies. With thorough preparations and high sense of responsibility, the committee reached high consensus on orientations and targets, he said. He stressed the need to promptly draft documents which will be submitted to the 11th meeting of the Party Central Committee slated for latter this … [Read more...] about Party Central Committee’s 10th plenum concludes
The big tuna was caught at night on April 15 in the waters of the Truong Sa (Spratly) Islands. Vietnam Tuna Association said that was the biggest ever tuna caught in the waters of Vietnam. On the same day, another fishing boat docked at the port with two tunas weighing nearly 600 kilograms in total. Businesses are working to determine the quality and price of the big tunas to purchase for export. The fishing boat of fisherman Le Van Thai has just brought ashore a 200 kilogram bluefin tuna in the province.By Ngoc Oai – Translated by Phuong Ho Tags: Phu Yen province Central Vietnam bluefin tuna … [Read more...] about Fishermen catch a nearly 400 kilogram tuna in Central Vietnam
The ceremony was attended by the Minister of Transport, leaders and former leaders of 13 provinces and cities in the Mekong Delta and local residents. Breaking ground in September 2013, the 2.97-kilometer-long cable stayed bridge links up Thot Not district in Can Tho and Lap Vo district in Dong Thap province. The bridge has six lanes with the permissible speed of 80 kilometers an hour. Total investment capital of the project is VND5,687 billion (US$243.61 million) from Official Development Assistance (ODA) funds of South Korea and the Vietnamese Government’s counterpart capital. Stating at the ceremony, Minister of Transport Nguyen Van The said that the Vam Cong bridge plays a significantly important role in connecting traffic infrastructure in the Mekong Delta, facilitates travel of local residents as well as cargo transport. The bridge is part of the traffic route across Dong Thap Muoi area connecting with HCMC through Long An, Dong Thap and Kien Giang province to create a … [Read more...] about Vam Cong bridge open to traffic in Mekong Delta