Increasing the reciprocating mass above the commonly accepted 50 percent (of measured) rotating mass can be helpful in extreme high-rpm applications—emphasis on the word “can.” Jon Greenbaum; New Haven, CT: I just bought a 347-cube stroker kit for my 302 Ford. The kit includes a crank, pistons, rods, pins, rings, and bearings. The package came with a balance sheet indicating it has been pre-balanced, and I don’t have to spend the money again for balancing. But my machine shop tells me otherwise. Who is right, the crank company or my machinist? Also, we got talking about over- and under-balancing. It was confusing. What’s the deal? Steve Magnante: Most of today’s prepackaged stroker kits arrive in a pre-balanced condition. We’ve personally double-checked a few balance cards and found the work is pretty good—within a few grams at worst, versus our observations—but I’m in agreement with your machine shop. What if he takes the word of the “pre-balanced” package and it turns out to be way off? Then, who’s on the hook to make it right when it vibrates at cruising speed, or worse, self-destructs at 6,700 rpm? Balancing a rotating/reciprocating assembly won’t add much to the total bill, so let them… Read full this story
- Strictly's AJ and Curtis Pritchard answer your questions - what do you want to ask?
- Las Vegas multimillionaire offers $1 million in prizes for answering the question of whether there is life after death
- 'She's good at using a lot of words to fail to answer a question!' Susanna Reid SLAMS Priti Patel after Home Secretary's 'confusing' press conference about Covid restrictions
- Maryam Hassan Answers Every Question We Have About
- Working on addressing misinformation on user policy update, available to answer any question: WhatsApp
- WhatsApp: Available to answer any question from government
- David Crosby Answers Your Questions on Parenting, Joe Biden, and Fearing Death
- COVID-19: Sir Patrick Vallance answers your questions on lockdowns, vaccines and returning to normal
- Biden Floats Funding Abortions In Poor Countries While Answering ‘Overpopulation’ Question
- Chris Wallace Chuckles At Rubio’s Answer To Question About Whether Trump Should Be Barred From Running Again
- 95% of car drivers unaware of half the rules: Survey
- Amitabh Bachchan Teases KBC 12 Contestant Who Will Get Married Soon, Asks If She Secretly Talks Over The Phone
Car Craft Ask Anything: Answers to Your Burning Questions have 377 words, post on www.hotrod.com at August 16, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.